As a member or associate member of the Fellowship you will receive
• 4 issues of The Australian Writer per year
• discounts on entry into our National Literary Awards
• promotion of your work on our website
• support and feedback on your work at our Writers’ Lounges and workshops
• opportunities to publish your work in The Australian Writer
• occasional email updates about news, opportunities and competitions (on an opt-in/opt-out basis)
A Member is a published writer of at least one book (any communication medium) or an editor whose work constitutes a reputable contribution to letters.
Members have the right to vote at the Fellowships’s Annual General Meeting and other times of election. If you are applying to be recognised as a Member, please mail or email us a brief list of writing credits with this application.
An Associate Member is any other person, not necessarily a published writer, who is interested in writing. Associate Members are not eligible to vote on motions at Annual General Meetings, but in every other way receive the same rights and benefits as Members.
Our rates for members and associates
Regular E Only*: $40
Concession Membership (Students, Pensioners, Concession card holders): $36
Concession E Only*: $30
Regular Two Year: $90
Institution or group annual: $85
* E Only members opt to receive electronic versions of The Australian Writer. If the work of an E Only member is published in The Australian Writer, he or she will receive print copies of the magazine.